Perfectly easy for any beginner to make, somewhat healthy and beyond tasty, this apple and blackberry crumble has to be next on your list to try.
I got this recipe from BBC Food, and it’s a definite must try!
FOR THE FILLING
- 900g apples
- 350-400g blackberries (I used frozen)
- 175g demerara sugar
- 2 lemons
FOR THE TOPPING
- 225g plain flour
- 175g butter
- 55g demerara sugar
- 125g muesli or oat and nut mixture (I used rolled oats and some blended granola)
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius/Gas 6/400 Fahrenheit
- Peel the apples before cutting them into small chunks. Cut the lemons in half and squeeze the juice of the lemons over the apples and mix well (I found it easier to mix with my hands)
- Using a large dish (we used a lasagne dish), layer the apples, blackberries and sugar. I ended up mixing the lot inside the dish so everything was covered in sugar and the fruit was mixed well.
- Place the flour in a large bowl and rub in the butter until it comes to a breadcrumb-type mixture. To be honest, it’s probably easier to blend this all together, as it’s quite time-consuming by hand. If you want your crumble topping not as fine, leave a few lumps of butter in the mixture. Add the oat mixture and the sugar and mix all together.
- Sprinkle the crumble topping evenly on the fruit before baking for 45 minutes. The fruit should be cooked and bubbling juices should seep through (ours was on the top). Our topping was a nice golden brown colour.
- Cool for a few minutes then serve!
Let me know if you try this! Thanks for reading x
Happy New Year everyone! It’s been a while since I wrote on here, but I hope everyone had a restful end of the year. For today’s blog post, I wanted to share some of the things I wanted to do in 2022 (purely for inspiration!) This year, I’m putting more focus on doing things that […]
It’s been a while! But I’m back with a slightly different topic than usual: I’ve been really into the Autumn fashion this year, and some stores have really nailed it, and in some cases, at an affordable price. I was on the hunt for basics, and I got my hands on a few that I […]
Starting university can normally lead to one of three things: excitement; fear; or a bit of both. For me, it was definitely the third. I had no idea what to expect on this new journey, and it didn’t help that I wasn’t the most confident person. You almost want to watch a trailer of your […]