It’s that time of year again!
I couldn’t wait to start watching Christmas films again, but I decided to wait till December so I could really get into the spirit on the days leading up to the big day. There’s something about watching these Christmas-themed films that just get you in that ‘feel good’ mood – they’re light-hearted, fun, festive and just leave you with that feeling of joy for the rest of the day.
This post will have a mix of new films and shows and old classics available on Netflix that I’ve stuck on my list, ready to watch. Funnily enough, I haven’t watched any of these! If you’re looking for some Christmas inspiration or can’t think of what would be the perfect watch for your night in, here is my list for the run-up to Christmas:
- Holidate (2020) – Starring Emma Roberts as one of the main characters, this film shows two strangers agreeing to be each other’s platonic plus-ones to various events…I think you can see where this is heading!
- Operation Christmas Drop (2020) – A political aide starts to fall with an Air Force pilot whilst she travels to his base to shut down his airborne Christmas drop project, as ordered by her boss.
- Holiday Home Makeover with Mr Christmas (2020) – Interior designer Benjamin Bradley help people redecorate and transform their homes for Christmas.
- The Holiday (2006) – A classic (I can’t believe I haven’t watched it yet!) with a star-studded cast following two women that decide to swap homes for Christmas to get away from their failing relationships, but end up falling in love with two local men instead.
- Dash & Lily (2020) – A new series that follows Dash (who hates Christmas) and Lily (who loves Christmas) as they write to each other in a notebook they pass around New York City, falling for each other along the way.
- The Princess Switch (2018) – A duchess and a baker, the two, looking extremely alike (both played by Vanessa Hudgens), swap lives once meeting and fall for each other’s men. (The Princess Switch: Switched Again also came out this year and is also available on Netflix!)
- Christmas Made To Order (2018) – Starring Mean Girls’ Jonathan Bennett, an architect ends up hosting Christmas for his family and hires a holiday coordinator to help him prepare, but she brings more into his life than just Christmas decorations.
- Christmas Wedding Planner (2017) – The Gossip Girl fan in me had to include this once I saw Kelly Rutherford was in this. A wedding planner is in the middle of planning her cousin’s wedding when a private investigator comes to disrupt her plans.
- A California Christmas (coming 14th December) – a man with a big job promotion on the line sets out to buy this piece of land in order to get it, except he’s mistaken for a new ranch hand on arrival and ends up keeping this cover in order to get it. However, the more he gets to know the hardworking farmer and her family, the more difficult it gets.
- Dance Dreams: Hot Chocolate Nutcracker (2020) – this documentary follows Debbie Allen and her successful career, in particular, her dance students in the follow up to the annual ‘Hot Chocolate Nutcracker’ production.
Happy watching! x
Happy New Year everyone! It’s been a while since I wrote on here, but I hope everyone had a restful end of the year. For today’s blog post, I wanted to share some of the things I wanted to do in 2022 (purely for inspiration!) This year, I’m putting more focus on doing things that […]
It’s been a while! But I’m back with a slightly different topic than usual: I’ve been really into the Autumn fashion this year, and some stores have really nailed it, and in some cases, at an affordable price. I was on the hunt for basics, and I got my hands on a few that I […]
Starting university can normally lead to one of three things: excitement; fear; or a bit of both. For me, it was definitely the third. I had no idea what to expect on this new journey, and it didn’t help that I wasn’t the most confident person. You almost want to watch a trailer of your […]