I’m back again with (another) porridge recipe, but this time, it’s my own recipe! Heavily inspired by other Instagram food accounts (*cough* healthy twists *cough*), I put together my favourite ideas to come up with an easy to make porridge with a sweet, autumnal taste.
I recently posted a reel on my Instagram with all the ingredients, so I thought I’d produce a written version so you can follow along easily. I hope you enjoy, and let me know if you try it!
For the porridge:
1 cup rolled oats
2 cups milk (I use semi-skimmed)
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract/flavouring
Half an apple (cut into small chunks)
For the toppings:
2 tbsp golden syrup combined with 1 tbsp maple syrup
Half an apple cut into thin slices
How to make:
Add the porridge ingredients one by one into a pan on a medium heat, making sure to stir frequently so that the oats don’t get stuck to the bottom.
When the porridge starts to become thicker, heat the golden syrup and maple syrup on a frying pan on a low to medium heat. When it starts to bubble, add in the thinly sliced apple and cook until they’re soft and covered in the syrup.
When your porridge has built up a slightly thick consistency (this might be during the time the apples are still in the frying pan as it doesn’t take too long to cook), take the porridge off the heat and fill your bowls. When the apples are finished, place them on top of the porridge.
And that’s it! It really is that easy!
Let me know if you try this at home, and be sure to send any pictures or feedback!
- Euro 2020: Where To Watch The Euros In London With Food And DrinkLooking for a change of scenery for this year’s Euros? Why not rally up your friends and go support your nation together over drinks? Maybe your rivalling nations are playing, and you want to watch the magic unfold together. Or maybe getting together over some good food and having a bit of seasonal entertainment is […]
- Kent’s Most Beautiful Places – My Top 4Not too long ago, I took a trip down to Kent to visit my friend and got to explore what Kent has to offer. I had been to certain places in Kent for a day, or even a couple of hours, so I have enjoyed some of Kent’s beauty before. This time however, I truly […]
- The Hidden (And Not So Hidden) Gems Of South KensingtonSouth Kensington truly represents the finer side of London: the gorgeous cream-coloured town houses, the cultural landmarks, and the glorious green spaces dotted around the area. Not to mention, the locals and the architecture scream ‘affluent’. This is just some of the reasons why this area is a must visit for tourists, and even Londoners […]
- 5 More UK Staycations For 2021While the UK Government announced a select amount of countries on the ‘green list’ with I’m sure more to come, it’s still no surprise that there’s a huge increase in the booking of staycations. If you’ve found that your destination of choice is lacking in places to stay, why not find a new place to […]
- COVID-friendly days out in London (on a budget!)There’s just one more evening until most things will be reopened in England again! I don’t know about you, but it still doesn’t feel real to me that soon we will be back to normal. While a lot of us are so excited about the reopening of many venues again, I’m sure, at the back […]