I’m back again with (another) porridge recipe, but this time, it’s my own recipe! Heavily inspired by other Instagram food accounts (*cough* healthy twists *cough*), I put together my favourite ideas to come up with an easy to make porridge with a sweet, autumnal taste.
I recently posted a reel on my Instagram with all the ingredients, so I thought I’d produce a written version so you can follow along easily. I hope you enjoy, and let me know if you try it!
For the porridge:
1 cup rolled oats
2 cups milk (I use semi-skimmed)
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract/flavouring
Half an apple (cut into small chunks)
For the toppings:
2 tbsp golden syrup combined with 1 tbsp maple syrup
Half an apple cut into thin slices
How to make:
Add the porridge ingredients one by one into a pan on a medium heat, making sure to stir frequently so that the oats don’t get stuck to the bottom.
When the porridge starts to become thicker, heat the golden syrup and maple syrup on a frying pan on a low to medium heat. When it starts to bubble, add in the thinly sliced apple and cook until they’re soft and covered in the syrup.
When your porridge has built up a slightly thick consistency (this might be during the time the apples are still in the frying pan as it doesn’t take too long to cook), take the porridge off the heat and fill your bowls. When the apples are finished, place them on top of the porridge.
And that’s it! It really is that easy!
Let me know if you try this at home, and be sure to send any pictures or feedback!
- My 2022 Bucket ListHappy New Year everyone! It’s been a while since I wrote on here, but I hope everyone had a restful end of the year. For today’s blog post, I wanted to share some of the things I wanted to do in 2022 (purely for inspiration!) This year, I’m putting more focus on doing things that […]
- Autumn Workwear Basics For 2021It’s been a while! But I’m back with a slightly different topic than usual: I’ve been really into the Autumn fashion this year, and some stores have really nailed it, and in some cases, at an affordable price. I was on the hunt for basics, and I got my hands on a few that I […]
- The Things I Wish I Knew Before Starting UniversityStarting university can normally lead to one of three things: excitement; fear; or a bit of both. For me, it was definitely the third. I had no idea what to expect on this new journey, and it didn’t help that I wasn’t the most confident person. You almost want to watch a trailer of your […]
- Sightseeing In Oxford – My Top 4I’m finally back (hopefully with a bang), starting off my Oxford series from when I stayed there back in late August. Oxford is by far one of the most beautiful places I’ve seen in the UK to date: its beautiful Gothic and Baroque architecture are the star of the show for me, but there’s plenty […]
- The Truth About Being In A Rut – The Process Of Getting Over ItIt’s official: I’m in a rut. Ever since finishing university, I’ve been in this “I don’t want to do anything” phase, which I thought would last a couple days. A couple days turned into a month, and here we are now.