We all have those days. In fact, I’m currently experiencing one of those days! It’s the day before the first of my usual upload days, and I woke up this morning wanting to do nothing more than watch Youtube in bed all day.
I have plans for later tonight, but knew I would feel awful if I done nothing else today, even though it’s perfectly fine to do nothing for a day. If you’ve just had one too many of these days (like me) and need inspiration for what to do, here are a few ideas you can try:
1. Make your favourite food
This gets you up and doing something for starters, but at least you get a tasty treat in the end! Today, I fancied something sweet and made myself some oat pancakes. It was so enjoyable and it got me moving! It was nice to just treat myself to things I like and not focus too much on being 100% healthy. You could also bake something for later – baking can be really therapeutic and obviously there’s the benefit of eating something yummy later!
2. Do some light exercise
Don’t push yourself: I said that I was going to do a full workout today but I just felt so tired and decided that instead of just quitting completely, I was going to move my body at least a little bit. Remember: something is better than nothing! I chose to do a 10 minute yoga session (which really felt like nothing) but it made me feel more energetic and willing to do things (including working out more but I was hungry).
3. Facetime someone
Lift your spirits and facetime someone! A friend, family member, significant other or even someone you haven’t spoken to in a while. Seeing someone and having a conversation with someone engages you and also just gives you someone to be with, especially if you can’t be together physically/don’t feel like going anywhere. Facetiming not your thing? A call works the same too.
4. Tidy up
Such a simple thing that you sometimes can’t be bothered to do. Here’s your opportunity! Even if it’s as simple as tidying your desk and calling it a day, it’s a step closer to a tidier space that you weren’t at before! Maybe starting to tidy something may lead to you tidying more things than you intended to because you go into the swing of things.
5. Take some ‘me’ time.
Whether that’s popping on a face mask, doing a more full and complete skincare routine, taking time to read, or doing more of what you love like drawing or playing an instrument, just do things without pressure and because you really enjoy it. It can be refreshing, even if you just do it for a short amount of time. Do something that’s good for you because you now have the time for it.
6. Make plans
Sometimes, you might feel better just forcing yourself to go out. That might be going on a walk or even meeting up with a friend for dinner or drinks. It could be that extra push that may make you feel better, knowing you have something to look forward to and get yourself ready for. I already have plans, so this is great for me to feel like at least I’m doing something with my day.
It’s normal to struggle with these days, and sometimes it’s good to have a lazy day where you sit on the sofa with ice cream and watch films. But if you’re like me and know that you want to do at least one small thing with your day, give one or a few of these ideas a try. I’d love to know what gets you out of bed on a lazy day in the comments below.
- Sightseeing In Oxford – My Top 4I’m finally back (hopefully with a bang), starting off my Oxford series from when I stayed there back in late August. Oxford is by far one of the most beautiful places I’ve seen in the UK to date: its beautiful Gothic and Baroque architecture are the star of the show for me, but there’s plenty […]
- The Truth About Being In A Rut – The Process Of Getting Over ItIt’s official: I’m in a rut. Ever since finishing university, I’ve been in this “I don’t want to do anything” phase, which I thought would last a couple days. A couple days turned into a month, and here we are now.
- The Best Olympians To Follow For All The Tokyo 2020 Behind The ScenesI’ve always been a fan of the Olympics: I love seeing how insanely talented athletes are and watching records get broken with every four years (or rather five, in this case) that passes. I love watching it with my family, and seeing the spirit of the nation rise with every medal that’s achieved. What I’ve […]
- 4 Of London’s New Art Exhibitions And Why You Have To GoAll over Instagram, I’ve been seeing reels showing London’s newest art exhibitions. Personally, I’m a huge fan of museums, and could spend hours just roaming around, but I know it’s not for everyone. However, from the reels I’ve been seeing, the exhibitions on show at the moment are absolutely magical, and I’m sure would inspire […]
- Everything You Need To Know About SandbanksSandbanks first came onto my radar when I watched a TV show talk to Harry Redknapp about his home in the area. It appeared to be a pretty exclusive area: small in size, but lined with grand houses amongst a sandy beachfront (a sandy beach in England, I know!) It wasn’t until recently that I […]