Let me introduce you to The Beach (yes, that’s actually what it’s called), located just 45 minutes to an hour from London.
When my friends and I went here, the first thing I thought was “this is the best kept secret around”, but honestly, this place is too good for people not to know about (plus, a lot if people asked me where the sandy beach on my Instagram stories was, so here we are)
The Beach is at Frensham Great Pond in Farnham. Yep, the body of water is actually a pond. This beach is man-made, but it doesn’t take away from how much it feels like an actual beach. It’s actually situated in the middle of a park, making this beach even more unique (and actually a really nice change of scenery).
For someone that loves walking and being surrounded by nature, you really get the best of both worlds here. When you want a break from tanning, you can gather your things and go down the little trails in the park leading you through a big woodland area.
It’s just so peaceful and a nice day out – would definitely recommend it to anyone that wants a quick day trip.
Need To Know Information
There’s parking onsite: the one time we went, it was 20°c with passing clouds on a sunny day and we arrived around 1pm, where the car park was around three quarters full. If you are going on a sunny day, the website says that it gets completely fully around 10am, so get there early!
There is another car park on the other side of the park, but the roads nearby as they are rural clearways for emergency vehicles, so you can’t park there.
I believe parking is free on weekdays (don’t take my word for it!) otherwise £6 all day.
The pond has only a small access point: the pond is lined with shrubbery/bushes/plants so the access point into the pond is small and can be an issue to socially distance. Also, the beach is not massive, so be wary of this on a sunny day. For other COVID-19 guidance here, go to their website.
There’s a café with ice creams, drinks etc. and toilets.
I’m so glad we found this place and I can’t wait to go back for a quick and easy day trip.
- Euro 2020: Where To Watch The Euros In London With Food And DrinkLooking for a change of scenery for this year’s Euros? Why not rally up your friends and go support your nation together over drinks? Maybe your rivalling nations are playing, and you want to watch the magic unfold together. Or maybe getting together over some good food and having a bit of seasonal entertainment is […]
- Kent’s Most Beautiful Places – My Top 4Not too long ago, I took a trip down to Kent to visit my friend and got to explore what Kent has to offer. I had been to certain places in Kent for a day, or even a couple of hours, so I have enjoyed some of Kent’s beauty before. This time however, I truly […]
- The Hidden (And Not So Hidden) Gems Of South KensingtonSouth Kensington truly represents the finer side of London: the gorgeous cream-coloured town houses, the cultural landmarks, and the glorious green spaces dotted around the area. Not to mention, the locals and the architecture scream ‘affluent’. This is just some of the reasons why this area is a must visit for tourists, and even Londoners […]
- 5 More UK Staycations For 2021While the UK Government announced a select amount of countries on the ‘green list’ with I’m sure more to come, it’s still no surprise that there’s a huge increase in the booking of staycations. If you’ve found that your destination of choice is lacking in places to stay, why not find a new place to […]
- COVID-friendly days out in London (on a budget!)There’s just one more evening until most things will be reopened in England again! I don’t know about you, but it still doesn’t feel real to me that soon we will be back to normal. While a lot of us are so excited about the reopening of many venues again, I’m sure, at the back […]