We can finally travel! I’ve been wanting to explore and see new places so badly since lockdown started, and have been dreaming up locations from the get go. Although not every area is safe to go to, I thought for those planning to travel sometime soon, I’d post some suggestions and inspiration for your next visit. I’ve included a few destinations for each country in which I’ve heard of, been too or just look nice from pictures I’ve seen) And for those who aren’t 100% comfortable travelling abroad right now but still want to go somewhere, I’ll add some English destinations too.
Brighton, East Sussex West Wittering, West Sussex
Broadstairs, Kent Whitstable, Kent
Cornwall, South-West England Hastings, East Sussex
Canterbury, Kent Bath, Somerset
York, North Yorkshire New Forest, Hampshire
Lake District, Cumbria London, Greater London
Europe (No Quarantine Areas)
Bolded are the destinations I’ve personally been too and loved. I can’t wait to explore some of the other places I listed too! There are obviously more countries than just these, but these destinations have particularly caught my eye.
Greece: Athens, Santorini, Mykonos, Crete, Corfu, Rhodes, Kefalonia, Oia, Zakynthos
Italy: Venice, Florence, Rome, Milan, Naples, Pisa, Lake Como, Marche, Amalfi, Sardinia, Sicily
France: Paris, Nice, Marseille, French Riviera, Cannes, Saint-Tropez
Portugal: Azores, Madeira (quarantine needed if travelling: Lisbon, Porto, Faro, Algarve, Albufeira)
Spain: Barcelona, Madrid, Seville, Majorca, Ibiza, Valenica, Tenerife, Malaga, Costa del Sol, Andalucia, Gran Canaria, Marbella, Lanzarote, other Balearic Islands
Germany: Berlin, Munich, Cologne, Hamburg
The Netherlands: Amsterdam, Lisse, Volendam, Haarlem, Giethoorn, Zaanse Schans
Croatia: Zagreb, Dubrovnik, Plitvice Lakes National Park, other Croatian Islands
Cyprus: Paphos, Ayia Napa, Larnaca
Austria: Vienna, Salzburg, Wolfgangsee Lake, Badgastein
Czech Republic: Prague, Moravia
Denmark: Copenhagen, Frisian Islands
Monaco: Monte Carlo
Hungary: Budapest, Lake Balaton
Iceland: Reykjavik, Blue Lagoon
Let me know if any places caught your eye or if you have any more to add to this list!
- Sightseeing In Oxford – My Top 4I’m finally back (hopefully with a bang), starting off my Oxford series from when I stayed there back in late August. Oxford is by far one of the most beautiful places I’ve seen in the UK to date: its beautiful Gothic and Baroque architecture are the star of the show for me, […]
- The Truth About Being In A Rut – The Process Of Getting Over ItIt’s official: I’m in a rut. Ever since finishing university, I’ve been in this “I don’t want to do anything” phase, which I thought would last a couple days. A couple days turned into a month, and here we are now.
- The Best Olympians To Follow For All The Tokyo 2020 Behind The ScenesI’ve always been a fan of the Olympics: I love seeing how insanely talented athletes are and watching records get broken with every four years (or rather five, in this case) that passes. I love watching it with my family, and seeing the spirit of the nation rise with every medal that’s […]
- 4 Of London’s New Art Exhibitions And Why You Have To GoAll over Instagram, I’ve been seeing reels showing London’s newest art exhibitions. Personally, I’m a huge fan of museums, and could spend hours just roaming around, but I know it’s not for everyone. However, from the reels I’ve been seeing, the exhibitions on show at the moment are absolutely magical, and I’m […]
- Everything You Need To Know About SandbanksSandbanks first came onto my radar when I watched a TV show talk to Harry Redknapp about his home in the area. It appeared to be a pretty exclusive area: small in size, but lined with grand houses amongst a sandy beachfront (a sandy beach in England, I know!) It wasn’t until […]